Tuesday 31 December 2013

SIZE MATTERS...

In Malta at the splendid Corinthia hotel (www.corintha.com) , going to a Great Gatsby ball.  I feel like Cinderella who may turn into a pumpkin at midnight but at the moment I feel more like me than I have all year.   My friends have had an incredibly challenging 2013.  My hiccups are small in comparison.     This year seems to have chosen the strongest to attack.  Women.  I mention this because I'm working and half watching Sky News and Andrew Wilson keeps telling me that women have 51% of the Honours in the Annual list.    They have 51% so only just. Does that mean that the role women play in society is treated equally to men at long last?  I don't think so. It's a political statement, nothing more.  And I bet they had to bleed that 1% out of some of the decision makers. Perhaps even the other fifty.

Women deserve 90%.   They are the rock, the roots, the foundation, the strength, the wisdom, the peace, the balance, the energy, even the earth is named after the mother.  And they are exhausted. I'm sure women have had more of a say this time because politicians have decided how much they owe to their wives, even grudgingly, even if they don't like or fancy them. The politicians wives are hauled out to the public to show that a) they support their husband b) despite what comes across about politicians they are human (normal?) and can sustain a relationship and  c) they are sexually active, although they may not be sexually active with them or someone of the opposite sex.   And they've got to perform that every single day. Sort of being Royal without the crown.

But women I have met this year in general want to explode like Etna, overwhelm like the tsunami, and only crack when under extreme pressure.   Thank God most are extremely strong.  When they need help, real help, they get it from other women, not their men.  Don't know if it's Men from Mars, Women Venus and communication, lack of emotional maturity (give me a boy at seven I will give you the man - ie that's as emotionally well developed as they get - if you are lucky), or what it is, but the nurturing ability of women never fails to amaze me.   And neither does the size of the male ego.

No comments:

Post a Comment