Sunday 18 August 2013

BACK FROM GARDENING IN EDEN...WITH IT'S SNAKES.

I saw more wild animals in France than I did Canada.  Two wild deer, doe-eyed and beautiful by the roadside. Red squirrels all over the place and the kayaking amazing.   It's a stunning region.  So a part from chilling what did I achieve?    I cut down sixty trees in the garden, feeling like a lumberjack, and of course the super glued 800 crystals to curtains.  My fingers are now unstuck.      Started talking to the trees, which either makes me bonkers or becoming like HRH Prince Charles.   I'd prefer bonkers.

So what with the tree cutting and the crystal glueing - I'm evolving into a lumberjack hippy or a hippy lumberjack I'm not sure.   I stopped strimming the brambles when a black adder jumped out at me (a real one not a mini Rowan Atkinson). The garden is full of them - snakes that is, not comedians.   As I've attended Chelsea and Hampton Court Flower Shows perhaps the green fingers are rubbing off.    Nahhh.  Still find it boring.  

Kayaked in under two hours as Tom can now speed ahead of me. He's fourteen, and started the route we travel along when he was four.     Know what I've got to do next to the house and garden, but every time I visit the French house, despite the bills, the work, the taciturn way of the English and French locals, I love it more.   Hope the guests look after it.

No comments:

Post a Comment