Thursday 2 May 2013

A NAMASTE DAY

Kimberley Snyder has written a book called Beauty Detox Solution, and I interviewed her this morning.  Basically, eating the wrong food doesn't just make you fat it makes you old.  and eating in the wrong order makes you old.  "we are digging a grave with our fork" she said, "in the western world" anyway.    She has worked with many Hollywood celebs who glow (literally) with her good advice and she was completely wrinkle free. Having spent three years travelling the world, as one does when you've given it three months, she found the Chinese have the best attitude toward food and diet, followed by the Indians.  Vegetarian diets are the best, no diary, no wheat and eating fruit first thing and right sort of carbs later on.   She was full of soundbites 'constipation is the mother of all disease' they believe in India, while in China 'blood carries the chi' (energy) and everything else for that matter.    "Food is the real medicine" she said.   And she's a yogi so I think that helps.

Next I met the owner of the Goldener Berg Hotel in Austria who are running a series of excellent Holistic courses throughout the summer - and I am holding one of them on creative writing and self expression (using yoga and various other techniques) from 29th August to 1st September. It's 'Sound of Music' country, so imagine glorious hills, mountains, warm temperatures and a lot to inspire, uplift, life affirm, fab food, excellent accommodation and anything and everything I can do to get people to open up and tell their story and get it published if they so wish.    I'm going to be using yoga asanas to help self expression as well as other techniques I've learnt over the years to get people to speak and write from the heart rather than the head - and punch through double guessing themselves about what will sell, can they write the next fifty shades but do it better etc - that's the editor/agents job.

And lastly I had a one to one yoga session with my yoga teacher Claire Missingham.   She is the bendiest person I know, beautiful inside and out and incredibly strong. And ever so slightly scary.   I thought I was going to do an hour long stretch trying to do poses I have difficulty with but she focused on backbends - opening up the heart chakra basically and telling me the rest of the time I am very tight in my shoulders, in my arse and jaw where I keep all my determination and drive and frustration.  So I'm amazed I can walk straight these days!!  Anyway I ended up doing some exercises which I'm going to do with the group in Austria - they were very simple but extremely powerful as in like a medicine - and I ended up walking back down Muswell Hill sobbing - which believe it or not was a good thing.   Anti social again but that's the wonderful thing about the English. They are not the type to ask if you are OK. They just hope you'll go away.  

A very holistic yogi day. A namaste day.

No comments:

Post a Comment