Sunday 15 June 2014

FIFTY IS THE NEW FIFTY

FIFTY is the new thirty. I DO NOT WANT TO BE THIRTY AGAIN. I had just got married. Actually its the year I got married so Fifty can be the new fifty as far as I am concerned. I am fitter now than I was then and although my fiftieth (the day) wasn't brilliant, it was still better than my thirtieth.   Hands down, no question.

I woke up alone, but not feeling alone which is a good thing. How many wake up with someone, even a house full of kids and responsibilities and feel very alone?  I think a lot.   A lot that would care to admit, even on an anonymous blog.

I taught yoga for two and a half hours. That I loved.  We did something called hippy yoga which sort of belongs is joss stick land where there's a big Buddha in the corner and flowers everywhere and photos of thin Indians looking stern or serene or strangely both.   The photos are always in black and white.   Any way, we did hippy yoga and everyone was chilled, Even me.

I met some friends in Wimbledon who are lovely.   They have everything on the face of it, and probably do under the surface but everyone has their hiccups and they are no exception. And then another friend, totally different situation.  In Petersham Nurseries, which was closing down for the day, so we got a free pot of tea.  Now that's a result.    In a place that charges £90 for a tea cup, to get a free pot of tea.    Fiftieth birthday.

I had to sort out some bits and my computer was playing up. Then they both played up. And I couldn't find my glasses.  So I was trying to decipher stuff on the computer I couldn't read. And being sent emails I couldn't read some of which looked very important.  I had four meetings the day before all of which had been cancelled so I ended up coming home and thinking someone up there wants me to do nothing. But I'm not very good at doing nothing.  I have to do something, even if its writing about nothing.

And Tom hadn't bought me a card, or made me a card. And thats the card that matters. But the ex texted happy birthday, which was nice.  The ex husband didn't, but that says more than if he had.  Its the thought that counts. Yes definitely pleased to be fifty.    You can have thirty any day.


No comments:

Post a Comment