Wednesday 11 June 2014

WRINKLY OF RICHMOND - BEFORE AND AFTER

I have a strong jaw.  Saggy eyelids and my skin needs resurfacing.   I need something called PING, and ENDYMED, and some botox because I grind my teeth because I'm stressed and prolonged stress is ageing.   And I need some botox in the forehead. And my lips are too thin, and they've got thin like a 'purse string' that's been pulled so I've got lips like a smoker.   It was as though all the stuff I've been doing since starting this 'wrinkly of Richmond' column has amounted to nothing.  As far as Sach (pictured below, the glowing one!) was concerned, I needed help.   Yup, no punches pulled here, although he admittedly is very skilled, knows what he is talking about and acts as a 'gatekeeper' working with 'virgin faces' who haven't had a lot done to them already.  "I want each face to go out as an advertisement to my work." I get that.   So many leave clinics as a 'warning'.  And seeing his clients they all look beautiful, and most importantly human.   So I suppose that makes me the key holder. But it was disarming as I've done a lot of other stuff over the past six months.   Admittedly perhaps if I hadn't done the other stuff perhaps he wouldn't have let me in the door.




As for my features, I didn't see these things before but when I looked in the mirror again, I did.   When these things were pointed out to me I did.  Denial is a wonderful thing. Well so I thought when  I looked in the mirror and I wanted to cry.  I admit I had only seen the smile before and now I saw everything else and wondered if everyone else sees everything else and not the smile.  I remember being on TV once talking about the mummy mafia app and someone wrote I needed botox then but give me a break, it was five in the morning.

 I didn't want to cry when I arrived. I thought I looked OK. I felt OK, that in the past year I've achieved a lot, so much in many ways.  Yes, there's been a few hiccups this week to say the least and its only Wednesday but shit happens.   And I'm doing the 'its amazing' mantra,  because life is amazing, and like everyone else I've so much to be grateful for.  For example, I had a reader contact me today about how much she enjoys the articles I write for the Richmond magazine.   I so get use to the bad stuff, its disarming when its lovely.    And I know some wonderful people many of whom I met at the weekend.

So back to the wrinkles, the thing about anti-ageing treatments is that you want to look like you. Or I want to look like me, but a best of me.   Not a mask.    I remember visiting an LA restaurant six years back with three other travel journalists and every other table there had diners who looked exactly the same, blond, toned, high cheek boned, wide eyed, very wide eyed, pouting lips and no expression.  We stood out.  We looked human. You had no idea what anyone was thinking and probably still wouldn't even if you engaged them in conversation. No, I don't mean that.  Well, I think I don't mean that.

So thank you Sach from Revere Clinic in Harley Street. I had a treatment which didn't hurt, was quick and I will have again because despite the no holds barred 'this is what you look like' - he's another one who talks sense.  I do feel though I should stand on my head more. That seems to be the only sure fire way of beating that awful natural thing that keeps us on the planet - gravity.  I will have to save up because the PING doesn't pop unless you are a banker or his wife.

And Sach is another one that looks twelve!   Now look at the photos. Which is the before and which is the after?    Can you tell?


No comments:

Post a Comment