Friday 27 June 2014

HEAD GASKETS, FACE RAPE AND THE GAIN FROM PAIN



Now that's a title.  I have had a shitty June. Utterly awfully amazingly shitty.   A few brief blips - the weekend before the birthday but apart from that it is a right off, but as they say the things that hurt you the most, you learn from the most, ditto the people.    So putting a positive spin on June 2014, I have learnt an incredible amount about myself and other people.    Albeit more than I would like in one go.  Vertical learning curve stuff. 

First of all, I had the psychology exams. Three hours in two consecutive days of writing by hand. Who writes by hand any more, let alone for three hours? Next the birthday party which was lovely.  My remit was as long as everyone else is happy I am happy. So I was happy because everyone else was happy. 

Working on finishing the book and getting everything ready for France this summer.  Subbing my own work.   If you are anal subbing 35000 words is your idea of bliss. I am not. It was not.      As for France, its a stunning beautiful property and I have a lovely team working there but I've got to go this year.   

But the car has blown its gasket, white smoke coming out of the exhaust, poor thing collecting Tom from school.  I am now a member of the AA and I have no car.   Or it has done something which means its dead or cheaper to buy another one.  Its a car version of me.    

So is my laptop.   My laptop died, not both of them, just one of them.   I've learnt I must save my photos on all my computers.   

Then I met Dr Sach Mohan from Revere clinics again who told me about the link between anti ageing and yoga and how improving the way we breathe improves the way we age.  Yoga makes you younger. Its official.   YOGA MAKES YOU LOOK AND BE YOUNGER.   And exercise is good for us, but in short sharp bursts, rather than marathon runners or triathletes, or anything endurance.    Which ages you. That's why all professional marathon runners don't look as healthy as they should.  Heptathletes have the balance right - aerobic and anaerobic combo - allegedly.   

Last time I saw Dr Sach he gave me a no holds barred full break down of my face, what I needed doing and told me this time (correcting the previous blog) I don't have a weak jaw, I have a strong jaw.   Well this month with all this lesson learning, I think I need one.   Dr Sach told me in such detail what I needed he admitted it was like 'face rape' but consensual.  Is that the equivalent of asking for it?   Be careful what you wish/ask for...  Any way, lesson one, don't ask an expert what they want to do with your face no holds barred because they will tell you.   

Dr Sach also shared with me a lot of other things which I can't tell anyone about which is very frustrating but think I could be a worthy and oddly relevant case study for a treatment which sounds amazing. 

Nothing to do with botox, plastic surgery, or artificial face lifts.  But I will write about it in time - when he allow me to.  


So looking back on June, I will be pleased when its over.  I nearly blew a gasket myself -  like my poor car (RIP Tonto). I will mourn the loss of the car but I will not mourn the loss of June 2014.  I will just remember and learn from its many amazing painful lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment