Wednesday 15 June 2016

BIRTHDAY BLIP

I haven’t been on here for ages have I?  I thought I would write as so much has happened, but I want to keep it to myself.   I’ve just read Bridget Jones ‘Mad About a Boy’ which best friend Caroline gave me some years back. I don’t read but strangely thought on way back from yoga retreat at the French house I would have time. I did. My flight was cancelled and I spent the night on a bench at Toulouse airport. All the hotels put up their prices just in time for cancelled flights and air traffic control. So it was an intriguing way to start the birthday.  Not the worst birthday I have had which says a lot for my birthdays, but worthy of a blog. And I felt I was doing something, going somewhere on my birthday,  which I don’t often.   And the fact I can think of it as intriguing as opposed to bad says a lot for perspective.  Not exactly rose tinted but everything has an upside.  Even air traffic control strikes. 

So reading Bridget Jones I have decided I am Bridget Jones and her friends. Having read about her and her life, I am her only there isn’t an SAS man in my life at the moment who’s pretending to be a teacher or anything. Or not to my knowledge.   There could be but I can’t see the usual suspects.   She has a surreal life and so do I.  Never dull during the ‘intriguing’ and downright wonderful moments. 

Yoga is going well. I love it.   I love teaching it and doing it is fine, but it’s the teaching it I love.   Writing I love too and that’s going well.  I’m blessed with a wonderful son and lovely friends who I don’t see enough of.  Radio going well. All going well, so that’s why I haven’t been writing the blog.   

So the birthday blip got me back to the blog.  

What else is happening?  Oh EU. 

In the world there is the EU debate.  The politicians are being purposely obtuse. If you can't convince confuse and thats what they have done.   Even the journalists are at a loss for more ways to describe 'no one knows what will happen'.   


On man front nothing, other than my ex bf turned up at my ex husbands birthday party, which was odd.  Both for him to invite and him to ask to be invited as they haven’t been in touch for thirty-two years but nice to know they have a connection now of sorts.  Me.   One’s more S & M the other more M & S.    I married the better man.

No comments:

Post a Comment